A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. (original) (raw)

Go Back HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > General HD topics Reload this Page A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. User Name Remember Me? Password Register Help Pages Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read General HD topics Open forum for all other issues concerning Huntington�s disease Reply Thread Tools Display Modes Old 15-12-09, 06:38 PM #1 just1moreperson Approved Member Join Date: Sep 2007 Location: England Posts: 3,508 Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson Default A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Ub8DcJxygEnjoy __________________ The Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation (HDYO) just1moreperson is offline Reply With Quote Old 15-12-09, 07:43 PM #2 waz1980 Approved Member Join Date: Oct 2009 Location: Crawley Posts: 101 Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Quote: Originally Posted by just1moreperson View Post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Ub8DcJxygEnjoy Just watched the clip Matt, not nice to watch. With all the talk about Memantine, why are we not in the last clinical trials. It has halted the disease in people taking it and even undone some of the damage caused by HD.People like Sabine may well be able to see their children grow up if they take this drug to treat HD. waz1980 is offline Reply With Quote Old 15-12-09, 08:16 PM #3 jaq Approved Member jaq's Avatar Join Date: Oct 2006 Location: West Yorks Posts: 629 Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Thanks Matt It is a good thing that Charles is so open and honest and I thiinkk he really is a powerful voice for all of us.Jaq jaq is offline Reply With Quote Old 15-12-09, 09:08 PM #4 just1moreperson Approved Member Join Date: Sep 2007 Location: England Posts: 3,508 Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Quote: Originally Posted by waz1980 View Post Just watched the clip Matt, not nice to watch. With all the talk about Memantine, why are we not in the last clinical trials. It has halted the disease in people taking it and even undone some of the damage caused by HD.People like Sabine may well be able to see their children grow up if they take this drug to treat HD. Memantine probably gives you some extra time coping with symptoms, I don't know if it's going to do more than that.But Charles is always on about how we need to help the researchers by joining trials etc. __________________ The Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation (HDYO) just1moreperson is offline Reply With Quote Old 16-12-09, 05:09 PM #5 pasnthru Approved Member Join Date: Feb 2009 Posts: 75 Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Quote: Originally Posted by just1moreperson View Post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Ub8DcJxygEnjoy Thank you Matt for this link..This is powerful when he talks about his daughter not being able to remember him in an able body..I absolutely hate to hear when people decide to throw to the wind or god or whomever, whatever..the fate of their innocent loved ones..the children that make them whole.it just seems to me that this struggle with HD should only be fought by those of us who have already been afflicted by it not the ones who are not here as of yet. pasnthru is offline Reply With Quote Old 16-12-09, 05:33 PM #6 just1moreperson Approved Member Join Date: Sep 2007 Location: England Posts: 3,508 Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. I think there's no way near enough awareness and understanding about HD to expect people not to have children at risk. Lots to work on to change that __________________ The Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation (HDYO) just1moreperson is offline Reply With Quote Old 16-12-09, 09:33 PM #7 Stardust Approved Member Join Date: Dec 2009 Location: South West Posts: 58 Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Made me cry x Stardust is offline Reply With Quote Old 16-12-09, 10:00 PM #8 just1moreperson Approved Member Join Date: Sep 2007 Location: England Posts: 3,508 Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Plenty of HD videos that have that effect on us Stardust! __________________ The Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation (HDYO) just1moreperson is offline Reply With Quote Old 21-12-09, 07:42 PM #9 Felinefriend Approved Member Join Date: Nov 2009 Location: England Posts: 68 Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Its a very sad film to watch. It made me cry as well.... Felinefriend is offline Reply With Quote Old 21-12-09, 08:41 PM #10 Scarlett D. Approved Member Join Date: Sep 2009 Location: London Posts: 813 Default Re: A Charles Sabine video for you all to watch. Thanks for posting this Matt.And I cried too! Take Care,Scarlett Scarlett D. is offline Reply With Quote Reply « Previous Thread |Next Thread » Thread Tools Show Printable Version Show Printable Version Email this Page Email this Page Display Modes Linear Mode Linear Mode Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode Posting Rules You may not post new threads You may not post replies You may not post attachments You may not edit your posts BB code is On Smilies are On [IMG] code is Off HTML code is Off Forum Rules Forum Jump All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15 PM. About the HDA Message Board A UK-based forum for people whose lives are affected by Huntington's disease and wish to share their experiences with others. Moderated by Regional Care Advisers from the HDA, a UK registered charity. Please Remember The HDA Message Board is not a substitute for professional advice. Consult a relevant professional before making decisions that could affect you or others. Donate to HDA