F9 Beta release announcement (original) (raw)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 14:27:43 UTC 2008

Ah, spring... when a young penguin's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of... Beta testing! Yes, spring has sprung, and so has the Beta release of Fedora 9!

The Beta release is the point at which we really want and need the wider community's help with testing. Beta is a point of much greater stability in Fedora's development branch, but some fixes continue to occur to improve usability, performance, and stability. This release is great for early adopters and Linux enthusiasts! The Fedora 9 Beta boots on the majority of systems, and gives you an idea of how the final Fedora 9 will look and feel. Most importantly, we absolutely need community assistance to check features and provide feedback and bug reports, to help ensure that Fedora 9 is our best release ever.

Some highlights of Fedora 9 Beta:

And numerous other improvements and enhancements.

The full release notes are available at: http://fedoraproject.org/f9-beta-relnotes

Getting it:

The Beta release is available through the following download methods:

To download, visit: http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

More Information:

For more information regarding the Beta release, please visit the release notes page: http://fedoraproject.org/f9-beta-relnotes

-- Jesse Keating Fedora -- All my bits are free, are yours? -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: signature.asc Type: application/pgp-signature Size: 197 bytes Desc: This is a digitally signed message part URL: <http://listman.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/attachments/20080325/9018bfca/attachment.sig>