Captain Avery Museum (original) (raw)

About DBpedia

The Captain Avery Museum is a historic home and museum at Shady Side, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. It is a two-story frame building, located on a 0.75-acre (3,000 m2) rectangular lot. The house overlooks the West River and Chesapeake Bay. The two-story historic structure originally was the residence of the Chesapeake Bay waterman, Capt. Salem Avery, and was constructed about 1860. It was expanded in the nineteenth century and further expanded in the 1920s by the National Masonic Fishing and Country Club. The property consists of the main house with additions, three sheds formerly used as bath houses, and a modern boathouse built in 1993 that features the Edna Florence, a locally-built 1937 Chesapeake Bay deadrise workboat.

thumbnail

Property Value
dbo:abstract The Captain Avery Museum is a historic home and museum at Shady Side, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. It is a two-story frame building, located on a 0.75-acre (3,000 m2) rectangular lot. The house overlooks the West River and Chesapeake Bay. The two-story historic structure originally was the residence of the Chesapeake Bay waterman, Capt. Salem Avery, and was constructed about 1860. It was expanded in the nineteenth century and further expanded in the 1920s by the National Masonic Fishing and Country Club. The property consists of the main house with additions, three sheds formerly used as bath houses, and a modern boathouse built in 1993 that features the Edna Florence, a locally-built 1937 Chesapeake Bay deadrise workboat. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005. The museum, originally called the Captain Salem Avery House Museum, was founded in 1984 by the Shady Side Rural Heritage Society as a local history museum. The names of the Society and the museum were changed in 2015. Currently, the Captain Avery Museum is owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, Captain Avery Museum, Inc. (en)
dbo:location dbr:Shady_Side,_Maryland
dbo:nrhpReferenceNumber 05001443
dbo:thumbnail wiki-commons:Special:FilePath/Capt._Salem_Avery_House_May_10.jpg?width=300
dbo:wikiPageExternalLink http://www.captainaverymuseum.org/
dbo:wikiPageID 20412833 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageLength 2957 (xsd:nonNegativeInteger)
dbo:wikiPageRevisionID 1089233711 (xsd:integer)
dbo:wikiPageWikiLink dbc:History_museums_in_Maryland dbc:Museums_in_Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland dbr:United_States dbc:Houses_on_the_National_Register_of_Historic_Places_in_Maryland dbr:Chesapeake_Bay_deadrise dbr:Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland dbc:Houses_in_Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland dbc:National_Register_of_Historic_Places_in_Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland dbr:Chesapeake_Bay dbr:West_River_(Maryland) dbr:National_Register_of_Historic_Places dbr:Shady_Side,_Maryland
dbo:yearOfConstruction 1860-01-01 (xsd:gYear)
dbp:added 2005-12-21 (xsd:date)
dbp:built 1860 (xsd:integer)
dbp:caption , May 2010 (en) Captain Avery Museum (en)
dbp:id 1487 (xsd:integer)
dbp:location 1418 (xsd:integer)
dbp:locmapin Maryland#USA (en)
dbp:name Captain Avery Museum (en)
dbp:refnum 5001443 (xsd:integer)
dbp:title Capt. Salem Avery House, Anne Arundel County (en)
dbp:wikiPageUsesTemplate dbt:Maryland-museum-stub dbt:Museums_in_Maryland dbt:Convert dbt:Coord dbt:Infobox_NRHP dbt:Reflist dbt:Short_description dbt:MHT_url dbt:National_Register_of_Historic_Places_in_Maryland dbt:AnneArundelCountyMD-NRHP-stub
dcterms:subject dbc:History_museums_in_Maryland dbc:Museums_in_Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland dbc:Houses_on_the_National_Register_of_Historic_Places_in_Maryland dbc:Houses_in_Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland dbc:National_Register_of_Historic_Places_in_Anne_Arundel_County,_Maryland
georss:point 38.85194444444444 -76.51194444444444
rdf:type owl:Thing wikidata:Q41176 geo:SpatialThing dbo:ArchitecturalStructure dbo:Building umbel-rc:Place
rdfs:comment The Captain Avery Museum is a historic home and museum at Shady Side, Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States. It is a two-story frame building, located on a 0.75-acre (3,000 m2) rectangular lot. The house overlooks the West River and Chesapeake Bay. The two-story historic structure originally was the residence of the Chesapeake Bay waterman, Capt. Salem Avery, and was constructed about 1860. It was expanded in the nineteenth century and further expanded in the 1920s by the National Masonic Fishing and Country Club. The property consists of the main house with additions, three sheds formerly used as bath houses, and a modern boathouse built in 1993 that features the Edna Florence, a locally-built 1937 Chesapeake Bay deadrise workboat. (en)
rdfs:label Captain Avery Museum (en)
owl:sameAs yago-res:Captain Avery Museum wikidata:Captain Avery Museum https://global.dbpedia.org/id/4fa5T
geo:geometry POINT(-76.511947631836 38.851943969727)
geo:lat 38.851944 (xsd:float)
geo:long -76.511948 (xsd:float)
skos:closeMatch http://www.grid.ac/institutes/grid.447497.d
prov:wasDerivedFrom wikipedia-en:Captain_Avery_Museum?oldid=1089233711&ns=0
foaf:depiction wiki-commons:Special:FilePath/Capt._Salem_Avery_House_May_10.jpg
foaf:homepage http://www.captainaverymuseum.org/
foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf wikipedia-en:Captain_Avery_Museum
foaf:name Captain Avery Museum (en)
is dbo:wikiPageRedirects of dbr:Capt._Salem_Avery_House
is dbo:wikiPageWikiLink of dbr:Capt._Salem_Avery_House
is foaf:primaryTopic of wikipedia-en:Captain_Avery_Museum