Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & .. (original) (raw)

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 07:27:33PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 11:55:03AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

Jeremie Koenig wrote:

The plan was to request a sarge-ignore tag on the "d-i build-depends on miboot, which is in contrib", and try to find a better solution for next releases.

This is the first I've heard of this. Has the sarge-ignore status of the GFDL docs really created such a slippery slope? I doubt it.

Well, we had it in woody boot-floppies, it seems.

Ignorance is not precedent.

When we learn that non-free stuff is in main, our Social Contract obliges us to act on it, not immediately grandfather what we have found into our definition of "Free Software".

-- G. Branden Robinson | Computer security is like an onion: Debian GNU/Linux | the more you dig in, the more you branden@debian.org | want to cry. http://people.debian.org/~branden/ | -- Cory Altheide