Re: LiDIA's statement of GPL only in mailing list archives (original) (raw)

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007, Florian Weimer wrote:

Yeah, as if this made it a particularly authoritative source for any kind of legal statement. 8-)

Short of having a notarized signed statement, it's the best we can do; while there are obviously methods of exploiting it, it's clearly better than just an e-mail. Most importantly, it allows us to have a reasonable belief that the copyright holder has actually licensed us to distribute the work.

Don Armstrong

-- Where I sleep at night, is this important compared to what I read during the day? What do you think defines me? Where I slept or what I did all day? -- Thomas Van Orden of Van Orden v. Perry

http://www.donarmstrong.com http://rzlab.ucr.edu